As many businesses from all industries and sectors are becoming aware of the power of digital promotion. Public Relations must be one of your ultimate goals of a successful Marketing Campaign.
However, different types of campaigns have also a different result as you measure ROI. Let’s see some steps on how to start your public relations strategy:
1. Marketing Campaign Planning using PR
It is very important to clear your goals, and specify what are you trying to do? There are different ways to use Public Relations on your existing marketing campaigns, that will define your success and increase your sales.
2. Build your list
As one of the basics steps in starting to network your business, building your list is one of the first priorities to start up promoting your business.
Start by writing all potential customers. I suggest to start up building collaborators list for referrals too, and in that list you include your family and friends.
3. Where you can find potential customers?:
Even if you are a consulting firm, or a retail business, this can be useful to start up, and could be a basic resource for cold calling or mass mailing.
- Classified ads
- Newspaper ads
- Facebook Ads
- Digital advertisers or banner ads.
- Chamber of Commerce
- Social Media
- Trade Shows
4. Promotional Marketing Kit
Creating your start up marketing kit its essential in order to have the right tools to start up spreading the word about your business.
What would you need:
- Blog (with topics related to your niche)
- Business Cards
- Postcards or flyers
- Promotional Products like: pens, notebooks etc.
The idea is that you start with a basic routine to call prospects, and be out there as much as possible, go to trade shows, business meetings and start giving your business card, and promotional marketing kit and share with all potential customers what you do.
5. Road Map to Success
6. Work with Passion
Love what you do gives power to your brand. Without it you are like everybody else.
- Be true to yourself
- Offer value more than expected
- Be willing to share your talent
7. Be clear of what you offer
- Be careful by choosing your products and services
- Promote and create content related to your niche
- Work your followers, who are they? How do you find them?
8. Believe in your success
- Speak and manage your thoughts as a successful professional. Even if you are starting.
- Work on your education always, keep studying and be able to learn all the time, as you grow in your business.
- Learn and apply, check your competition. Not copying but understanding and comparing your weaknesses and overcoming them with a different approach positively.
9. Keep FocusedWork towards goals in short period of time, so you can enjoy success in short terms, and keep motivated for long.
Cheryl Ceballos is a business professional with over 15 years in corporate experience. To contact please mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org